“Packed with information and examples, this fascinating book will make a valuable
addition to the library of anyone interested in forensic art.”
Understand the real-world methods that forensic artists use, and what it takes to enter the field.
Are you fascinated by forensics? Do you wonder how the professionals in the field really do their job? Do you want to become a forensic artist too, but don’t know how to get started?
Ask a Forensic Artist has the answers, and tells you everything you need to know about one of the most fascinating, rewarding, and misunderstood jobs in law enforcement. Written by a working forensic artist, this book is designed to give you a solid understanding of the modern forensic facial imaging techniques used in law enforcement today, and the tools and guidance to pursue a career of your own.
You’ll learn all about the modern techniques that forensic artists use to sculpt a victim’s face from a skull, create composite sketches of suspects, and develop age-progressed images of fugitives and missing persons.
- Discussion of digital graphic technology, and how it has revolutionized the field
- Contemporary guidelines and research on facial approximation, not available in any other forensic art textbook
- Interviews with fellow forensic artists recounting successful cases, and the role forensic art played in solving them
- No-nonsense career advice, and a step-by-step road map into the field
- Detailed information on the skills, education, and specialized training needed to become a forensic artist, with an honest appraisal of the jobopportunities available
- Over 70 photos and illustrations